Our History in Glen Ellyn
Our animal hospital was the first of its kind in DuPage County. Built in 1948 by Dr. Walley Eagle, the hospital originally started as a mixed animal practice to accommodate the primarily rural area. However, things began to change and by the 1970’s, Glen Ellyn Animal Hospital became more focused on practicing small animal medicine. In March 1990, Dr. Buishas became co-owner of the practice. As a partner, Dr. Buishas reached out to the community and got the practice involved in working with animal rescues, and participating in spay/neuter programs.
In addition to community outreach, Glen Ellyn Animal Hospital transformed over time into a full-service hospital by including more services and extending its operating hours. From day one, Dr. Buishas also dreamed of remodeling the hospital. In Fall 2001, that dream became a reality and construction began; in 2015, our hospital also underwent a complete interior remodeling. With every change, our facility has grown to offer more services, more space, and more hospitality for our clients and patients.
We’re proud of the traditions we’ve built and the work we have accomplished over the years. We sincerely hope to spend many more years serving the Glen Ellyn community and caring for your beloved pets.